GREEN HEATING TECHNOLOGIES
GREEN HEATING TECHNOLOGIES SKILLS BOOTCAMP
Practical training courses delivered at no-cost to learners, leading to a job interview and hopefully a successful job placement.
The B2W Group is delivering Green Heating Skills Bootcamps as part of a government initiative to tackle skills gaps across the country.
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 10 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
The B2W Group is delivering DfE Skills Bootcamps as part of a government initiative to tackle national skills gap. We are giving individuals the opportunity to gain valuable skills to support their progression into a new career and become the next generation of Gas, Electrical and Plumbing specialists, or for those who are looking to progress in their existing workplace the skills to develop their career. For those currently out of work, Skills Bootcamps build up sector-specific skills and offer a fast track to a guaranteed interview. This course is suitable if you’re new to the Gas, Electrical and Plumbing industry.
The course covers all aspects of the 1999 Water Regulations, including:
- Water fittings
- System design and installation
- Prevention of cross contamination
- Backflow prevention
- Water for use outside a property
- Unvented Hot Water
Relevant aspects of the Water Regulations, Building Regulations, British Standards and other related legislation:
Unvented Hot Water
- Unsafe situations and emergency actions
- Pipework (including sizing, installation, defects and faults)
- Testing (covers standing and working pressures, flow rates)
- Safety controls
- Installation requirements
- Commissioning and servicing
Energy Efficiency (Part L)
- Energy Efficiency (Part L)
- Part L of the Building Regulations
- Boiler sizing – whole house method
- The importance of SEDBUK ratings
- Principles of gas condensing boilers
- Hot water cylinder replacements
- Environmental consequences
This course has been designed for Heating and Plumbing engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of ground and air source heat pump systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements.
Solar Thermal Hot Water
This course is designed for plumbing and heating engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault finding of solar thermal hot water systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements.
Skills Bootcamps are available to all adults, regardless of prior attainment aged 19+.
– Must have at least one of the following: Level 3 NVQ or BTEC, Gas Safe Registration, At least 2 years industry experience in Domestic Heating & Hot Water
– Be living in the Liverpool City Region and either; employed, self-employed, career changers, returners to work or unemployed within the last 12 months.
– Have access to a reliable internet connection with a PC/ Laptop.
– Have the right to live and work in the UK.
– Have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
– 8 Days
Mode of Delivery:
– Flexible delivery to wrap around work commitments.
– NICEIC – Directly aligned to MCS accreditation
Sign up now.
email@example.com • 0161 474 7603
The B2W Group has a fresh approach to transforming businesses by up-skilling their current staff or bringing an apprentice into the business to add a dynamic and dedicated individual to the team. All of our courses are available through various streams of government funding so are a cost-effective way to provide high-quality training within the workplace.
Registered office in England and Wales, No:07559200
© 2020, The B2W Group, All Rights Reserved.
0161 474 7603
Floor 4, Building 4,