BEIS GREEN HEATING TECHNOLOGIES
BEIS GREEN HEATING TECHNOLOGIES SKILLS TRAINING
Practical training courses delivered at no-cost to learners.
The Home Decarbonisation Skills Training Competition (HDSTC) is a £9.2m scheme to provide grant awards to a range of training organisations to deliver courses to support the domestic retrofit workforce. The funding is provided by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) link to BEIS website and managed by the Midlands Net Zero Hub link to MNZH website.
The B2W Group has been awarded funding to provide training courses to support installers operating across the different domestic retrofit schemes that are run by BEIS, including Sustainable Warmth Competition and Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund. The training will lead to a recognised qualification across three work packages: insulation, heat pumps, and retrofit accreditation.
The course covers all aspects of the 1999 Water Regulations, including:
- Water fittings
- System design and installation
- Prevention of cross contamination
- Backflow prevention
- Water for use outside a property
- Unvented Hot Water
Relevant aspects of the Water Regulations, Building Regulations, British Standards and other related legislation:
Unvented Hot Water
- Unsafe situations and emergency actions
- Pipework (including sizing, installation, defects and faults)
- Testing (covers standing and working pressures, flow rates)
- Safety controls
- Installation requirements
- Commissioning and servicing
Training and qualifications include Part L (energy efficiency), Low-Temperature Hot Water Systems and the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault finding of both air source and ground source heat pumps. Which includes:
Unvented Hot Water
- Energy Efficiency (Part L)
- Boiler sizing – whole house method Importance of SEDBUK ratings Principles of gas condensing boilers Hot water cylinder replacements
- Environmental consequences Fundamental working principles, heat pump systems
- Fundamental requirements of building location/building features for potential to install heat pump systems
- Typical advantages and disadvantages of heat pump systems
- Health and safety risks and safe systems of work
- Requirements of relevant regulations/standards relating to practical installation, testing, and commissioning
- Heat loss design calculations for domestic dwellings
- Calculation of hot water requirements and calculating storage vessel sizing
- Improving insulation levels to minimise heat loss through building fabric and optimised heat pump choices
- Calculating energy output from traditional radiators to consider lower level of energy generated by heat pumps
This course has been designed for Heating and Plumbing engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of ground and air source heat pump systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements.
Solar Thermal Hot Water
This course is designed for plumbing and heating engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault finding of solar thermal hot water systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements.
Skills Bootcamps are available to all adults, regardless of prior attainment aged 19+.
– Must have at least one of the following: Level 3 NVQ or BTEC, Gas Safe Registration, At least 2 years industry experience in Domestic Heating & Hot Water
– Be living in the North West (including Liverpool, Bury & Rochdale) and either; employed, self-employed, career changers, returners to work or unemployed within the last 12 months.
– Have access to a reliable internet connection with a PC/ Laptop.
– Have the right to live and work in the UK.
– Have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
– 8 Days
Mode of Delivery:
– Flexible delivery to wrap around work commitments.
– NICEIC – Directly aligned to MCS accreditation
The B2W Group has a fresh approach to transforming businesses by up-skilling their current staff or bringing an apprentice into the business to add a dynamic and dedicated individual to the team. All of our courses are available through various streams of government funding so are a cost-effective way to provide high-quality training within the workplace.
Registered office in England and Wales, No:07559200
© 2020, The B2W Group, All Rights Reserved.
Floor 4,Building 4,